Link alternatif AsianBookie.com: | asianbookie6.com |  asianbookie.uk | (Bookmark CTRL+D)

SBOTOP

bet365 - Best Live Odds on All Asian Handicaps. - SIGN UP NOW!

M88.com

Main Menu | Preferences | Search | Register | Log In

Registered Forum Members: 270838 and growing!

Tagging Implementation 2.0 - AsianBandar.Com Forums

Suggestions & Help 
 Main Menu > Suggestions & Help > Tagging Implementation 2.0

» CHAT Now! « [ 147 Chatters Online ]
Search | Register | Log In
This thread is marked settled, you can still reply quoting the Admin if you need help
 ( Page 1 )  Go to Last Post    
Posted By Topic: Tagging Implementation 2.0       - Views: 224
Nice_Guy
15-Jan 2019 Tuesday 8:55 PM (1918 days ago)               #1
Administrator

AsianBookie Tipster

Liked By: 10956
Followers: 11

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Dear Esteemed Admins / Mods,

Referring to a recent suggestion by Bro andyjyneo, please allow me to share my thoughts.  
https://forums.asianbookie.com/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=40&Topic=3239956

If I didn't interpret it wrongly, tagging function may work just like in Whatsapp Chat Group which is to gain the attention of a particular message recipient. In a chat group with many members (just like in a forum), it can be a useful feature to implement @usernickname. It can be an 'ínvitation' directed towards a recipient to view a thread for the purpose of discussion, dedication or deliberation. 

Discussion - Casual chit-chatting / discussion of an important agenda
Dedication - Dedicate a song / quote / birthday wish, etc.
Deliberation - A course of action / follow-up to a suggestion / etc.

AsianBookie Tipsters Championship
Member of Team:
⚽️ DREAM TEAM 2020 ⚽️
(Est. Mar 2015)

Team Ranked: #18 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 5,554,062 Total Members: 22

Nice_Guy
15-Jan 2019 Tuesday 8:56 PM (1918 days ago)            #2
Administrator

AsianBookie Tipster

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Currently in AB, the closest features available at our disposal to get the attention of a certain member is through Private Messaging or Quoting Someone's Reply. For the former, it may be prone to abuse by unscrupulous members coz the conversation is private and greater effort is required by the admin teams to monitor. As for the latter, it is only limited to the recipient who has contributed a reply previously. 

So in terms of effective communication, this is left purely to chance as to when a particular member will view an intended thread / post / message. It may take days, weeks or even months to get a reply, and when that happens, members risk being carded for replying to an old thread. 

Of course anything good may also be misused / abused. Therefore if this feature is to be implemented, it should have a set limit of how many tags can be done per day or per member. Just my 2 cents worth, and pardon my lengthy note. 

Regards,
NG  

cc:
@andyjyneo
@wembly

[If this feature is feasible, we may be able to draw the spontaneous attention of the above-mentioned bros without having to wait by chance and pray that they drop by Suggestion Forum and chance upon this] 

Member of Team:
⚽️ DREAM TEAM 2020 ⚽️
(Est. Mar 2015)

AsianBookie
15-Jan 2019 Tuesday 9:57 PM (1918 days ago)            #3
Administrator

Liked By: 4683

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 985,625
Ranked:
Pending

quote originally posted by Nice_Guy:
Currently in AB, the closest features available at our disposal to get the attention of a certain member is through Private Messaging or Quoting Someone's Reply. For the former, it may be prone to abuse by unscrupulous members coz the conversation is private and greater effort is required by the admin teams to monitor. As for the latter, it is only limited to the recipient who has contributed a reply previously. 

So in terms of effective communication, this is left purely to chance as to when a particular member will view an intended thread / post / message. It may take days, weeks or even months to get a reply, and when that happens, members risk being carded for replying to an old thread. 

Of course anything good may also be misused / abused. Therefore if this feature is to be implemented, it should have a set limit of how many tags can be done per day or per member. Just my 2 cents worth, and pardon my lengthy note. 

Regards,
NG  

cc:
@andyjyneo
@wembly

[If this feature is feasible, we may be able to draw the spontaneous attention of the above-mentioned bros without having to wait by chance and pray that they drop by Suggestion Forum and chance upon this] 

I am aware of this suggestion, it is a good one and will look at how to implement it but it won't be so quickly inplemented as it involves significant resources on the database and also its a security concern. 

i am also aware that no other forum has this function (besides FB, twitter etc) and i have doubts on how often it will be used as this can be considered a niche function that it seldom used. (there is really no reason to be looking for another tipster, if there is then use the PM)

the only times it can be used would likely be only in GC or suggestions forum

Nice_Guy
16-Jan 2019 Wednesday 10:20 AM (1918 days ago)            #4
Administrator

AsianBookie Tipster

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

quote originally posted by AsianBookie:

Thanks for your personal reply, Mr AB. Cheers! 

Member of Team:
⚽️ DREAM TEAM 2020 ⚽️
(Est. Mar 2015)

AsianBookie
17-Jan 2019 Thursday 4:16 AM (1917 days ago)            #5
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

Implemented. @Nice_Guy @andyjyneo @wembly 

Please note that this is still in testing phase so there should be some bugs/issues. Please inform me when you encounter any. 

Enhanced editor Limitations:
1. Can only tag members that last logged in less than 60 days. (May be adjusted)
2. Can only tag members that last posted in the forums less than 30 days. (May be adjusted)
3. Cannot reliably tag members who first 2 characters of their username have accented/non-alphanumeric chars. e.g. ễ,~,# 
4. Cannot tag banned members (obvious)
5. Cannot be used in Private Messages. 
6. Editing a message to add tags will not work. 
7. Can only notify tag 5 members. (You may tag more but system will only send notification to the first 5 tags to prevent abuse)
8. Junior members (less than 30 posts) cannot use tagging

You may tag yourself to test in the Test forums.

I think this will be a useful but seldom used feature. For example admins/mods may tag @AsianBookie to notify me of any suggestions in the suggestions forum to catch my attention rather than having to PM me (which takes a few more clicks)

I will be monitoring the usage and if it becomes too abusive, we will adjust to make it more restrictive. 

If you find yourself being disturbed too much by tags please go to the preferences: 

This message was edited by AsianBookie on 17-Jan-2019 @ 4:21 AM This message was edited by AsianBookie on 17-Jan-2019 @ 4:24 AM This message was edited by AsianBookie on 17-Jan-2019 @ 4:55 AM This message was edited by AsianBookie on 17-Jan-2019 @ 6:50 AM This message was edited by AsianBookie on 17-Jan-2019 @ 4:45 PM This message was edited by AsianBookie on 17-Jan-2019 @ 11:21 PM

This message was edited by AsianBookie on 18-Jan-2019 @ 4:34 AM

Sleepcatty  4 Likes  
Nice_Guy
17-Jan 2019 Thursday 6:13 AM (1917 days ago)            #6
Administrator

AsianBookie Tipster

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Kudos to Mr @AsianBookie, admins & technical team for working round the clock to make things happen (so fast). Thank you for valuing our suggestions, I'm sure it would be a pleasant surprise for Bro @andyjyneo and Bro @wembly to see it materialise. Together, let's make AB as great as always! 

Member of Team:
⚽️ DREAM TEAM 2020 ⚽️
(Est. Mar 2015)

wembly
17-Jan 2019 Thursday 6:20 AM (1917 days ago)            #7
*Platinum Member*

Tri-Centennial Member

AsianBookie Tipster

Liked By: 127826
Followers: 128

Tipsters
Championship:
AB$: 1,376,250
Ranked:

Kudos to Mr @AsianBookie, admins & technical team for working round the clock to make things happen (so fast). Thank you for valuing our suggestions, I'm sure it would be a pleasant surprise for Bro @andyjyneo and Bro @wembly to see it materialise. Together, let's make AB as great as always!

@andyjyneo, @AsianBookie 
To prevent abuse during the trial stage now, webmaster has set the limit for the maximum number of tags to 5 at any one go, ie the sixth person tagged will not receive any notification alert. 

This message was edited by wembly on 17-Jan-2019 @ 6:26 AM

Member of Team:
BNW
(Est. May 2019)

Team Ranked: #1 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 92,832,187 Total Members: 1471
andyjyneo
17-Jan 2019 Thursday 11:25 AM (1917 days ago)            #8
*Platinum Member*

Liked By: 6105
Followers: 9

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Implemented. @Nice_Guy @andyjyneo @wembly 
Please note that this is still in testing phase so there should be some bugs/issues. Please inform me when you encounter any. 
Limitations (only works in Enhanced editor):
1. Can only tag members that last logged in less than 60 days. (May be adjusted)
2. Can only tag members that last posted in the forums less than 30 days. (May be adjusted)
3. Cannot tag members who first 2 characters of their username have accented/non-alphanumeric chars. e.g. ễ,~,# 
4. Cannot tag banned members (obvious)
5. Cannot be used in Private Messages. 
6. Editing a message to add tags will not work. 
7. Can only notify tag 5 members. (You may tag more but system will only send notification to the first 5 tags to prevent abuse)
You may tag yourself to test in the Test forums.
I think this will be a useful but seldom used feature. For example admins/mods may tag @AsianBookie to notify me of any suggestions in the suggestions forum to catch my attention rather than having to PM me (which takes a few more clicks)
I will be monitoring the usage and if it becomes too abusive, we will adjust to make it more restrictive. 

If you find yourself being disturbed too much by tags please go to the preferences: 
  This message was edited by AsianBookie on 17-Jan-2019 @ 4:21 AM This message was edited by AsianBookie on 17-Jan-2019 @ 4:24 AM This message was edited by AsianBookie on 17-Jan-2019 @ 4:55 AM
This message was edited by AsianBookie on 17-Jan-2019 @ 6:50 AM

Thank you very much, Mr AB.

Thank you bro for rehighlighting this topic again.
This feature will be used and appreciated greatly in /gc.

quote originally posted by wembly:

@andyjyneo, @AsianBookie 
To prevent abuse during the trial stage now, webmaster has set the limit for the maximum number of tags to 5 at any one go, ie the sixth person tagged will not receive any notification alert. 

This message was edited by wembly on 17-Jan-2019 @ 6:26 AM

Thank you for supporting this.
However, please do monitor the possible abuses in main forum.

---
FAQ by Tipster Legend™.

Q1: What's contribution?
A1: Only posting of tips is counted as. Other forms of contribution is not accepted, and are counted as void and null.

Q2: How to turn forum members into coward?
A2: You block them! When they've no way to defend themselves, they're coward!

Q3: How to win a debate/argument?
A3: There are many ways in fact. You can assemble keyboard warriors or SJWs to defend yourself. You can even create multiple dupes to 'blind' the members that you in fact have a lot of defenders.

Q4: I won 1 and lost 4 matches. What should I do?
A4: You're encouraged to celebrate your win and ignore the 4 losses. Nobody will harp on it even if you lost overall. Make sure you celebrate like wild!

Q5: What's the worst, most useless and meaningless suggestion did a forum ever receive?
A5: Disable post replies. WIN!

Member of Team:
useless DD love w4w & w4w love useless DD & kaypoh Andy babe lei???
(Est. Dec 2015)

Team Ranked: #102 - Team Score (Top 50 Members): AB$ 911,562 Total Members: 9
andyjyneo
17-Jan 2019 Thursday 1:11 PM (1917 days ago)            #9
*Platinum Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Another way to prevent abuse is to disable this feature for:
1. Main forums
2. Junior members (whose post is not more than 20)

---
FAQ by Tipster Legend™.

A1: Only posting of tips is counted as. Other forms of contribution is not accepted, and are counted as void and null.

A3: There are many ways in fact. You can assemble keyboard warriors or SJWs to defend yourself. You can even create multiple dupes to 'blind' the members that you in fact have a lot of defenders.

A4: You're encouraged to celebrate your win and ignore the 4 losses. Nobody will harp on it even if you lost overall. Make sure you celebrate like wild!

Q5: What's the worst, most useless and meaningless suggestion did a forum ever receive?

Member of Team:
(Est. Dec 2015)

AsianBookie
17-Jan 2019 Thursday 4:44 PM (1917 days ago)            #10
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

quote originally posted by andyjyneo:

Another way to prevent abuse is to disable this feature for:
1. Main forums
2. Junior members (whose post is not more than 20)

implemented  8. Junior members (less than 30 posts) cannot use tagging

AsianBookie
17-Jan 2019 Thursday 11:20 PM (1916 days ago)            #11
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

Added support in Basic editor 

Limitations: 
1. Full username must be used.
2. Can only tag members that last logged in less than 60 days. (May be adjusted)
3. Editing a message to add tags will not work. 
4. Can only notify tag 5 members. (You may tag more but system will only send notification to the first 5 tags to prevent abuse)
5. Junior members (less than 30 posts) cannot use tagging

We've added this Basic support as a backup to use when the member you wish to tag has spaces or non-alphanumeric chars that isnt supported by the enhanced editor. 

@andyjyneo 

T.k.Ho  4 Likes  
andyjyneo
17-Jan 2019 Thursday 11:24 PM (1916 days ago)            #12
*Platinum Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Added support in Basic editor 

Limitations: 
1. Full username must be used.
2. Can only tag members that last logged in less than 60 days. (May be adjusted)
3. Editing a message to add tags will not work. 
4. Can only notify tag 5 members. (You may tag more but system will only send notification to the first 5 tags to prevent abuse)
5. Junior members (less than 30 posts) cannot use tagging

We've added this Basic support as a backup to use when the member you wish to tag has spaces or non-alphanumeric chars that isnt supported by the enhanced editor. 

@andyjyneo

Another good implementation.
Congratulations to /ab for reaching another milestone.
Hail /ab!

---
FAQ by Tipster Legend™.

Member of Team:
(Est. Dec 2015)

AsianBookie
05-May 2019 Sunday 12:25 AM (1809 days ago)            #13
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

Tagging notifications increased to 10 members (previously 5)

T.k.Ho, AuToExE, andyjyneo and 5 others  8 Likes  
Nice_Guy
05-May 2019 Sunday 12:59 AM (1809 days ago)            #14
Administrator

AsianBookie Tipster

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Thumbs up for the continuous improvement, Mr AB. 

Member of Team:
⚽️ DREAM TEAM 2020 ⚽️
(Est. Mar 2015)

4DTOTOMAN and justin11sg  2 Likes  
andyjyneo
05-May 2019 Sunday 8:44 PM (1808 days ago)            #15
*Platinum Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

Good job, Mr AB.
Now, all we need to do is to create awareness.
A lot of users (who are not /gc frequent users) don't know this implementation at all.

---
FAQ by Tipster Legend™.

Member of Team:
(Est. Dec 2015)

Nice_Guy  1 Likes  
AsianBookie
06-May 2019 Monday 7:05 AM (1808 days ago)            #16
Administrator

Tipsters
Championship:
Ranked:
Pending

quote originally posted by andyjyneo:

Good job, Mr AB.
Now, all we need to do is to create awareness.
A lot of users (who are not /gc frequent users) don't know this implementation at all.

That will slowly happen. Doesnt mean that people who are not using it are not aware of it. in FB this function is available but I dare say 99.9% of users dont use it. 

andyjyneo  1 Likes  
andyjyneo
06-May 2019 Monday 2:02 PM (1808 days ago)            #17
*Platinum Member*

Tipsters
Championship:
Player has
not started

That will slowly happen. Doesnt mean that people who are not using it are not aware of it. in FB this function is available but I dare say 99.9% of users dont use it. 

Well, it depends.
FB users seldom use it due to instant reply/quote to the said message.
Tag is useful to them when in group, news reports and buy-sell - basically to create awareness.

---
FAQ by Tipster Legend™.

Member of Team:
(Est. Dec 2015)

[Go Back to Top]
 Main Menu > Suggestions & Help > Tagging Implementation 2.0
Thread is Locked

This thread is marked settled, you can still reply quoting the Admin if you need help

Change Timezone:   

20. ?ms

AsianBookie.com Forums Home | Back to AsianBookie.com

© Copyright 1998-2024 AsianBookie.Com - All rights reserved.
Advertise Feedback WAP Privacy Policy Terms of Service